Developing an SME marketing plan
SME marketing is an art and a science. It has to be in order to generate the awareness, the interest and, ultimately, the leads your business needs to achieve your growth targets. Throw in the fact that SMEs have limited marketing resources (time, skills and cash) available and that’s where the art comes in. The ROI is even more important to an SME.
That is where our approach differs from other marketing agencies. We don’t listen to your needs and then go away and write an SME marketing strategy and plan. We work with you to develop the right plan. A plan that fits the:
- Time and skills you have within the business
- Money you can commit to invest in marketing your business
- Targets you’ve set, and finally
- Values within your business.
We work with you to develop the plan – literally. Brainstorming with you to develop your sme marketing strategy and plan means you’ve contributed; you’ve questioned and been challenged. You’ve agreed with the plan and bought into it. For this to work, we need your buy-in. If we don’t have it, the marketing will not be as successful as we both want it to be.
Delivering your SME Marketing
Developing a plan is one thing, but you need to deliver on that plan successfully for it to work. At this point SME Needs becomes your Virtual Marketing Director and helps you to deliver on your marketing plan. There will be, generally speaking, three sets of people involved in successfully delivering your sme marketing plan:
- Your team, providing product/service expertise and evidence
- SME Needs, delivering some marketing activity such as graphic design, email and social media
- Specialist third parties, delivering services such as website design, PPC management and SEO
As your Virtual Marketing Director, it is our responsibility to manage these three sets to ensure your marketing delivers the leads you want on time and on budget.
Most of your time is then available to focus on what you do best: Delivering an excellent service to your customers.