There are 100’s, if not 1,000’s, of potential buyers of your products/services out there right now and you want them to buy from you. This is what they are looking for BEFORE they talk to Sales.
- Visibility – fairly obvious but if you’re not visible to them, they cannot buy from you. They will often look to see if they can find you in other ways. If they find you on Google, are you on LinkedIn, Twitter or Facebook etc.?
- Cleanliness – I don’t mean proof that you use a lot of soap. What I mean is a clean website; one that is easy to read, to understand and to navigate to find the information they are looking for.
- Headlines – Newspapers tell millions of copies based on the headline that day, with some of them employing dedicated headline writers. When you’re found through an internet search your landing page(s) have seconds to grab their attention or they simply bounce.
- Pain Relief – Buyers rarely go shopping if they are happy with what they’ve got. Does your marketing material make them believe your solution will make their life easier or better?
- Evidence – You can talk the talk but can you walk the walk? Evidence, in the form of case studies, testimonials, published articles etc. develop confidence in the mind of the buyer and draw them towards you.
- Experience – Even new companies have experience of delivering the product or service they sell and they’re usually more passionate about it too. After all, how many people do you know who started up a company to do something they hate? Buyers want to know that you know what you’re doing so talk about your previous experiences to increase their confidence in you.
70% of the buying process is complete before anyone talks to Sales. Are you helping people to make the right decision and buy from you?